RET: instrumentals in place structures

coidoi lobypli

I have a question about some of the gismu place structures.  I want
to know why they are what they are.  I do NOT want to change them -
I support the baseline.

My question concerns the position of "instrumentals" in the place
structures of those gismu that, as selbri, take instrumental
arguments.  Here is a small, not necessarily representative sample:

GISMU   ENGLISH GLOSS   INSTRUMENTAL PLACE

dakfu   knife           x1
jinci   shears          x1
mruli   hammer          x1   (x4 is agent)
sance   sound           x2   (x2 can be agent or instrument?)
darxi   hit             x3   (x1 is agent)
ganse   sense           x3   (x1 is observer)
plixa   plow            x3   (x1 is agent)
tivni   television      x4   (x1 is agent)
spali   polish          x4   (x1 is agent)
sarji   support         x4   (x1 can be agent or instrument?)
klama   go              x5   (x1 is agent & patient)

Clearly there has been no effort to associate instrumental arguments
with a particular position in gismu place structures.  If anything,
there has been an effort to avoid consistent association of "case"
with place.

My question is:  When the gismu place structures were designed, how
were the instrumental places chosen?

co'omi'e markl