Re: Someplace to "speak" online?

> Date:          Sat, 29 Mar 1997 18:17:12 EST
> From:          Emil Sit <sit@MIT.EDU>
> Subject:       Re: Someplace to "speak" online?
> To:            Anthony Lawless <norway@IHUG.CO.NZ>

> Aside from the fact that I haven't picked up enough to speak it, I'm
> under the impression that this list is more for discussion about the language
> than random discussion in the language.

Well, if we ever *want* to pick up enough to speak it a
conversational forum is pretty much necessary, and speaking as a
newcomer I see no reason why we *couldn't* start here. I talk from
experience on WELSH-L, which is primarily for talking in Welsh rather
than about it... mind you, they do have their own newsgroup for the
latter. But as stated, this list is hardly in danger of being clogged
up.

anthony "still slogging through chapter 6 of the grammar" lawless