Re: {le logjji batkyta'o morna} logical keyboard layouts

   Firstly, is {batkyta'o} = button-board a sensible word for
   keyboard?

You are asking if the following makes sense for what you want:

  a button/knob/[handle] type of board/plank
         [3-dimensional long flat rectangle]

Note the use of the phrase `type-of'; this is almost always a good way
to translate a modifier/modified relationship.  Also, I find it
helpful to incorporate the complete meaning in my English, not just
the one-word gloss.  For `button', you also have `knob' and `handle';
do those words suggest what you want?  Do you think of a keyboard as a
3-dimensional long flat rectangle or as a curved rectangular piece?
The definition you gave reminds me of the control panel of a nuclear
power plant I once visited (the type of control panel the safety
people rightly criticise, since an operator is more likely to pull the
wrong knob than if the panel is more a mimic board).

Or do you think of the keyboard by what it is used for, rather than
its shape.  What about keyboards that are not rectangular (I have seen
them)?

Best wishes.

--

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@rattlesnake.com