Re: {le logjji batkyta'o morna} logical keyboard layouts

    This is probably the only change
    that could be made without disrupting people's typing too much;
    since the apostrophe sounds almost like an H anyway it's not
    that great a change IMHO. Of course, no OS supports it ;).

GNU/Linux supports different keyboards.  Indeed, it already supports
not only the regular Dvorak layout but also the left and right Dvorak
layouts for one handed typists.  This is useful both for amputees and
for people who need to control a second device while typing.

All in all, my system has 57 different layouts in its `keytables'
directory, starting with German Amiga layout and ending with a US
layout.  (I use the `emacs2' layout, which turns the caps lock into a
control key and does other useful things.)

It should not be hard to adapt

    /usr/share/keytables/dvorak.map

to your newly invented

    /usr/share/keytables/lojban.map

(See
        http://www.debian.org/

for info on GNU/Linux.  Since the software is sold competitively, you
can buy multi-gigabyte distributions in the US on CD-ROM for under
$15.)

--

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@rattlesnake.com
    25 Rattlesnake Mountain Road     bob@ai.mit.edu