Re: The design of Lojban

Xorxes to Markl:
> >Don't try to think
> >about defending your country, or your property, in Lojban;
> >people can't defend anything in Lojban; only events can do
> >that, because the x1 place of {bandu} must be an _event_.
[...]
> >Perhaps someone, or some event, would care to defend Lojban
> >against this charge?
>
> Lojbab has said that he sometimes sees people as events, so
> event Lojbab may yet happen to defend it.  :)

I agree with Lojbab here (always surprises me when that happens).
To my mind, restricting a tersumti to a nu serves only to exclude
abstract objects like numbers, ka, du`u, and so on.

Colin Fine once did a systematic study of the ontological
nature of each tersumti of each gismu. I would like to look
this up. Would anyone happen to know whether it is archived,
and how one might find it? (In those days, Colin was the
number 1 poster (the Jorge of his day) to Lojban list, so
a search for "Colin Fine" is not going to do much good.)
I would guess 1994 for a date for this.

--And.