Re: APL & Lojban

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Ivan A Derzhanski wrote:

> my appreciation of APL and of Lojban share the same source --
> a liking for the unusual plus a fondness of conciseness.

I have to comment on this: I do like Lojban aesthetically because it is a
very strange language. Esperanto, in contrast, is so European that it is
too familiar to me; it's boring. I am also fond of conciseness, but I
don't find Lojban particularly concise. Specifically, it takes a lot of
syllables to say anything.

Geoff