Re: APL & Lojban

Karl Andrews wrote:
> I originally became interested in Loglan and then Lojban as a means for
> sharpening my thinking in general, somewhat in the same manner that APL
> did for my math-oriented thinking. What jumped out at me was here are two
> other Lojban people who were familiar with APL. [...]

For what it's worth, I am also sort of familiar with APL, although I haven't
used it much; and I don't know if Irene Gates is still on this list, but she
made her bread programming in APL for several years.  I think the regularity
is a real one: my appreciation of APL and of Lojban share the same source --
a liking for the unusual plus a fondness of conciseness.

--
`Meum est propositum in taberna mori;    Vinum sit appositum sitienti ori:
 Ut dicant cum venerint angelorum chori "Deus sit propitius isti potatori".'