Re: Why Lojban?

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Robin Turner wrote:

> structure), it was Lojban which gave the original inspiration.  Has anywone
> else had experiences of Lojban helping to solve problems, whether
> philosophical, mathemmatical or linguistic?

Not exactly, but at least one feature of Lojban was something that I think
might help make certain discussion clearer in epistemology. Lojban won't
tolerate any ambiguity between reality and the representation of reality.
Some people say that truth is subjective, but they usually are talking
about the representation of reality, not reality itself. A lot of argument
with people like this usually reveals that they think that reality is
objective, and that their subjective impression of reality is good enough,
but it would help to have some well-known terms to make it clear exactly
what it is they're saying in the first place.

Geoff