Re: Dvorak (& Lojban)

>That's hardly how the default contexts work. Most Lojbanists do seem to
>interpet contexts for space and time as being fairly immediate unless told
>otherwise, and the context of "lo" to be as broad as possible to allow for
>REASONABLE non-specificity.
I think  Lojbanists do so because Lojbanists are English speakers and those
are the English defaults.  People seem to be trying deperately to map
"lo" to English "a" and "le" to English "the", and assuming the default
context is one that makes this possible.

Probably when you are talking to an English native, this is a better
assumption than one might hope would be tru of Lojban use in general when
people are fluent.  But it is not really what the language design says.

Myself, I am prone to explicitly limiting the universe of discourse
whenever I use "lo".

lojbab