Re: Ironic Use of Attitudinals

And Rosta is right in saying

   It is quite normal to see people use a :-( smiley jokingly; ...

I myself use :-( both seriously, when I am being grim, and jokingly;
others I know do the same.

But I also agree with Lojbab's plea, that we try and see how far we
can go in expressing ourselves using only what can be expressed via
typing in messages like this.  Are Lojban attitudinals an adaquate
subsitute for body language?  Nice question!

--

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@rattlesnake.com
    25 Rattlesnake Mountain Road     bob@ai.mit.edu