Re: `at least one ' vrs `one or more'

[my system crashed before I sent my previous answer to this;
I don't know if it got sent to the list. Same goes for another
reply I'll rewrite shortly.]

Bob (to me):
>    Can I suggest that discussions about scope of negation,
>    etc., use some sort of logical notation instead of
>    ordinary English?
>
> This is fine, but does not help answer the question, which English
> translation of
>
>     mi na nelci lo mlatu
>
> is better?
>
>     I don't like any cats.
> or
>     I don't like some cats.
>
> ??

The former is better.

I think you should draw a sharper distinction between the
following two questions:

1. What does a given Lojban expression mean?
2. What is the best way to translate a given Lojban expression
   into English.

It is my impression that you mix these two up very confusingly.
I may be mistaken, but that's how you're appearing to me.

--And