Re: singular/plural (was: Re: veridicality in English)

la and la lojbab na'e darno le ka tugni
>It looks like we're not far from agreeing.
>
>We agree that {le pa} and {lei} are scope-insensitive.

Right.

>{pa lo} and {loi} are not sensitive to scope relative to other
>existential quantifiers (I think),

{[su'o] lo} and {[pisu'o] loi} are not sensitive to scope relative
to other existentials. But {pa lo} is a different story:

     lo prenu cu prami pa lo prenu
     There is at least one person that loves exactly one person.
     [TRUE]

    pa lo prenu cu se prami lo prenu
    There is exactly one person that is loved by at least one person.
    [FALSE]

co'o mi'e xorxes