Re: Indirect questions

And:
 >A nungasnu. The speaker is a gasnu. The text is a nungasnu.
>The text type is some kind of abstract intensional thingy.

>From what you say below, I take it that you're calling {lu ... li'u}
a text type. If that is so, I don't know what would be a text.
Maybe {lu'e lu ... li'u}?

>> Do you mean something like:
 >>     le nu mi cusku lu go'i li'u cu danfu lu xu do badri li'u
>>     My saying "I am" is an answer to "Are you sad?".
 >> Or do you mean:
 >>     le mi se cusku cu danfu lu xu do badri li'u
>>     What I said is an answer to "Are you sad?".
>
>The former. I think x2 of cusku is a text-type, not an actual
>utterance.

But I thought you agreed that the x1and x2 of {danfu} should
be of the same type. If {le se danfu} is a text-type, then
{le danfu} should be one as well.

 >> why not just:
>> {ko cusku le sedu'u xukau do badri} = "Say whether you're sad".
>
>Doesn't that mean {ko cusku lu xu kau do badri li`u}?

No, because of {do} and {xukau}, which inside {lu} mean
different things than inside {du'u}. {do} inside {du'u} is the
audience, inside {lu} it could be somebody else. The {kau}
inside {du'u} removes the directing of {xu} to the audience.
Inside of {lu}, {xu} is not directed to the audience in the first
place.

if {da de du'u xukau do badri}, then {da} is a proposition and {de} is
a text-type corresponding to that proposition. The x2 of cusku asks
for a text-type, that's why I have to use {le se du'u}.

>I can't see it as meaning "Say whether you're sad".

How would you say "Say whether you're sad"?
Would that work as an explication of the direct question?

>Just to remind myself: I take it that the point of this thread
>is still the question:
>  What is the appropriate technical definition of an (indirect)
>  question, and how might an (indirect) question be phrased in
>  Lojban in such a way as to make its logical structure explicit?

Well, I think this thread started with you objecting to
{le danfu be la'e lu xu do badri li'u} instead of
{le danfu be lu xu do badri li'u}. In my opinion, the second
one cannot be a {se djuno}.

co'o mi'e xorxes