Re: still on nu & fasnu...

> >Of course, if "fasnu" means an actual event, then what I oroginally
> >said was correct, and {lo nu broda cu fasnu} is false.
>
> Which it cannot be since that is the definition of fasnu and nu (both).
> This is an echo of  ckaji/ka and klani/ni

The refgram not only fails to claim this, but is pretty clear in
disclaiming it:

  "The following table gives each abstractor, an English gloss for it,
   a Lojban gismu which is connected with it (more or less remotely: the
   associations between abstractors and gismu are meant more as memory
   hooks than for any kind of inference),..."

This sounds pretty clear to me that {lo nu broda cu fasnu} can indeed
be false, with no difficulty at all.  This seems natural and useful
to me: the actual predication of an event happening via {fasnu} can be
used to give it tense, quantity, and other features (like reality),
while {nu} can remain abstract.  Of course, that makes a lot of current
uses of {nu} to refer to actual events ambiguous; but as long as we
define it as such, and further define {fasnu} to mean actual occurrence,
we can choose the level of ambiguity we want.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,