Re: logical gaffs

At 1997-11-29 06:12, Robin Turner wrote:

>(h) There's a non-partisan - no, but I really mean this one, that from the
>heart in the sense that some things, at least the way I look at this.
>                                        George Bush again (Trudeau 1992)

This one appears to be plain nonsense. I'm not sure it's even grammatical.

I have some more:

(i) Pornography is rape.

(j) Meat is murder.

(k) Abortion is murder.

(i) & (j) are on their face category errors, so they must be metonymic if
they are to have any meaning at all. I think if you tried to translate
any of these three into Lojban, the emotional subterfuge involved would
become very obvious.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA
http://www.halcyon.com/ashleyb/