Re: Irony and Cultural Neutrality

>>That is up to the author translators.  We have no language police.
>
>I'm glad to hear it. So if I were to use unmarked allegory in Lojban,
>would I not be, far from ostracising myself from a norm, following the
>approved examples of existing speakers of the language?

na'i (category error zo'o)

There are no "approved examples".  Approved examples requires an academy or
language police with the authority to approve.  We have no such authority.
Posted examples are posted because they show attempts to use the langauge that
we feel might be of interest.  (indeed actually most were posted by the
original writer back in the days when the ftp site was world writeable, and
thus in no way had "approval").  In any case, many of the posted examples
predate the baseline and have known errors because of minor language changes
after they were written.

At some point we will be publishing a chrestomathy that will have some
stature as "approved texts" post-baseline, but we haven't even talked about the
policy for editorially revising Lojban that the book editor feels is out of
sync with the baseline.  In any event, that will be the book editor acting
as authority, with the officialness coming from the fact that the editor will
have been selected by LLG as publisher.  Still not quite the same as
"LLG-approved texts".

lojbab