Re: lojban electronic dictionary

la stivn. cusku di'e
> I really like the dictionary lookup that Viejo put on the www site. It was
> written in glimpse, which is a UNIX beast. It would be nice if somebody
> would make a Filemaker or JAVA version that we could download from the ftp
> site. I find the dictionary on the ftp site to be unwieldy.

   I have prepared a DOS shell script (MAKEPAGE.BAT) and a MAWK script
   which together will perform a simple search and produce a HTML page
   based on the results, i.e.

       makepage mlatu

   produces RES.HTM which is viewable with any Web client. Due to limitations
   of the DOS version of mawk, the operation is performed in two steps:
   the first step prepares a MAWK script which is used to perform the search
   at the second step (also, I am no AWK wizard :-(

   I have put a copy of the dictionary (GISMU.DCT, which contains preformatted
   <dt> ... <dd> lines) and the scripts as a zip archive (gdict.zip) to

      ftp://xiron.pc.helsinki.fi/pub/lojban/gdict.zip

   A DOS executable for mawk is also available there at

      ftp://xiron.pc.helsinki.fi/pub/lojban/mawk.zip

   The preformatted dictionary can, of course, be used with any search
   mechanism to produce a Web page.

     co'o mi'e veion