Re: chrestomathy

   >At some point we will be publishing a chrestomathy

   A what??!  I can handle stuff like "intension", and other words I can look
   up in a dictionary, but this is beyond me.

Chrestomathy is in my 40 year old Webster's Collegiate Dictionary,
which means it is not uncommon.  Indeed, I have read the word several
times in my life, but never myself used it.  Pronounced as
chres-tom-athy with an emphasis on `tom'.

It is from the Greek, a combination of `useful' and `to learn' and means

    "A selection of literary passages, esp. with notes, etc., to be
    used in learning a language."