Beginner question on meaning of "le ... xu ku" and "le ... ku xu"

I just want to check on my interpretation of the meaning of something.

le cutci ku xu se citka le mlatu
  Is it the shoes which are eaten by the cat?

le cutci xu ku se citka le mlatu
  Is what is being eaten by the cat correctly described as shoes?

Is that a reasonable interpretation of those two questions?  While they
would both have the same answer, they are asking slightly different
questions.  In the first, I have shoes in mind, and I'm asking if it is
those shoes the cat is eating.  In the second, I have in mind what the
cat is eating and I'm asking if that is correctly described as shoes.
In more complex constructs I'd imagine the meaning to be significantly
different.

--
Erik W. Cornilsen