Re: truthvalues (was Re: ni, jei, perfectionism)

   I don't want to start a long thread on this ... but I do think
   your mathematician is stretching things a bit. Consider the scale
   of hue. If green is value on that scale, it would follow that
   green is a number. ...

Right!

You don't have to, but it helps to think of a scale as consisting of
numbers of a certain type.  It makes the universe feel more warmly
logical rather than coldly irrational.

I am especially taken by Guttman scales as explicating how we perceive.
(We discussed this in the Fall of 1995.)

--

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@rattlesnake.com
    P. O. Box 693                    bob@ai.mit.edu