Re: Carl Burke's question

At 09:04 AM 12/8/97 -0300, you wrote:
>cu'u la karl
>>(Whether it succeeded as a translation or not, at least it got an
>Esperantist
>>on the MST newsgroup to admit that Loglan/lojban is the only conlang that
>>threatens the manhood of Esperantists.  :)  So, _something_ was
>communicated.)
>
>i tai ma la lojban ckape le nu le se bangrxesperanto cu nanmu
>Kiel minacas Lojxbano la virecon de la esperantistoj?
>How does Lojban threaten the manhood of Esperantists?

Before I can try to answer this I have to understand how the Lojban
equates to the English here.  Modal tags are more recent than the
version of the language I learned, plus 'the event of an Esperanto
speaker being a man' confuses me; 'ka' would make more sense to me
than 'nu'.  Assuming 'tai' binds a single sumti, and substituting
'ka' for 'nu', it makes sense.

>i mo le se bangrxesperanto pe secau le ka nanmu
>Kaj kio pri la esperantistoj sen vireco?
>And what about those esperantists without manhood?

still processing...

--
Carl Burke
cburke@mitre.org