Re: whether (was Re: ni, jei, perfectionism)

At 04:44 PM 12/15/97 GMT+0, And Rosta wrote:
>> mi zanru le du'u melbi
>>
>> I approve of the fact that (something is) beautiful.
>
>No. "I approve of the proposition that something is beautiful".
>
>"the fact that" is better rendered by "le nu".

So 'the fact that' is explicitly transient?  From descriptions and
usage, I would expect an unlabeled bridi to be a 'fact': {mi jmive}
"I live/lived/will live", and abstractions to be modifications or
different aspects of that fact ({le nu mi jmive} "My living/lifetime"
or {le mu'e mi jmive} "My coming-to-life").  Is 'nu' now polysemous
between 'an actual fact' and 'an event or [transient] state'?
Has the language mutated that drastically in ten years?

--
Carl Burke
cburke@mitre.org