Re: The CONLANG cheat-sheet

John Cowan cusku:>> Is lojban an auxlang?

>Probably not, in the sense that Esperanto, Ido, Interlingua, etc.
>are: languages designed primarily for communication between people
>who have different native languages.  Lojban has been *used* as
>an IAL, certainly; some people think it would make a good IAL;
>AFAIK, nobody thinks it should be *the* IAL.

There are some people, but I would have trouble remembering names, since this
is not often talked about.  There are a couple of people who feel that
if there is to be an IAL, it would have to be something culturally neutral
in the manner that Lojban tries to be, and perhaps something logical as well.
The late Faith Rich, a long-time supporter of the Loglan Project is the best
example I can think of.  She died in her 80s around half a dozen years ago,
but her sole interest in Loglan (and Lojban) seemed to be in its IAL
potential (and she favored a single IAL).

lojbab
----