Re: whether (was Re: ni, jei, perfectionism)

Jorge:
[stuff snipped and noted]
> How do I say "I know where John and Alice are going"?
>
>         mi djuno le ka ce'u klama makau kei la djan e la alis
>         I know where they are going about each of John and Alice.
>
> And finally:
>
>         la djan frica la alis le ka ce'u klama makau
>         "John differs from Alice in where they are going."
>
> Why are these Q-kau different?

The latter means: "the place where Alice is going is not the
place where John is going". No indirect question there.

What you are doing with {djuno} is licit, but doesn't advance
us towards a logical understanding of {makau}. To argue that
these Q-kau are the same, you'd need to show it by translating
it into something we understand, such as logical form.

--And