Re: Dvorak (& Lojban)

>I'm not surprised, because Dvorak is intuitive; QWERTY isn't. All the
>symbols in Dvorak are placed on the principle that the most common letters
>should be the easiest to reach, whereas on QWERTY the principle is simply
>what causes the least amount of key-sticking on an old-fashioned
>typewriter. (Blecchhh!)

ei do sanji da poi cipra lo ka jetnu kei la'e di'u
.i ka'u le tcaci te morna be le lerfybatke cu jai se mukti lenu nalcafne
falenu lere simlamji batke cu ze'i se pilno
.i mi na krici fi le di'u ve ciksi .i mu'a le batke pe .ebu cu lamji le
batke pe ry .ije ko'a lamji le batke pe ty. ipo'u su'o le porsi befi
.ebu ce ry. ce ty. cu cafne sera'a lo glibau

Do you have any evidence for this story?
We've all heard how QWERTY was designed to slow down typing/to avoid key
jams when adjacent keys were pressed too quickly.  But I don't believe
it - if that was their intent, why on earth would they have left 'e' 'r'
and 't' next to one another?
|     Colin Fine    66 High Ash, Shipley, W Yorks. BD18 1NE, UK       |
|  Tel: 01274 592696/0976 635354  e-mail:  colin@kindness.demon.co.uk |
|        "Don't just do something! Stand there!"                      |
|              - from 'Behold the Spirit' (workshop)                  |