Re: xor questions (was Re: indirect Qs (was Re: On logji lo

John to me to Jorge:
> > > But is that really what we want to ask? An unhelpful answer like
> > > {lo selpinxe} or {lo glare} would make the bridi true. (Same thing
> > > happens with your other versions.)
> >
> > If {ma} really does mean "replace this word with another than
> > makes the bridi true", then this problem does exist.
>
> It exists, but so what?  Any questioner has to allow for the
> possibility of unhelpful (evasive, obscure, frame-breaking) answers.

The problem is not a problem with communication involving
averagely cooperative interlocutors. But it is a problem with
trying to formalize out intuitions about what the question is
really asking. In other words, it's the sort of problem that
matters to few save Jorge and me.

--And