Re: Saddam T-shirts

> uunet!ee.mu.oz.au!nsn sez:
>
> ... I am finding this forum lively,
> interesting, instructive, and damn cool. What worries me is that I might
> be alone in this, and that the lurkers are not having that much fun at all.
> I dunno, maybe we should have a survey or something.

I'm enjoying it, for one. I think I can follow the issues; I just don't know
enough vocabulary (especially cmavo which I am beginning to think are
more important to learn first than gismu) to be able to contribute
anything useful.  So I lurk, but contentedly.

> Anyway, to {la saDAM. galfi}/ {lenu la saDAM. broda cu galfi}:
> [lots about Saddam/Kuwait in respect to cleft place structures omitted]

It might help this particular thread of discussion if you would just
change your example from Saddam-causing?-invasion-of-Kuwait to the
less emotive case of Tom Sawyer causing the fence to get painted
by making others want to do it.  As far as I can see, it's the same,
or possibly even more relevant.  (State it in Lojban? Me? I can't get
any further than la tam soi'r... and I have serious doubts about that.)

cortesi@informix.com