Peace!!!!

I have just received the most excellent news, which has been timed especially
well to enrich LogFest, but I'm sure the resat of you will enjoy as well.

According to someone with the TLI (Loglan Institute) community in direct
communication with JCB and his Board of Directors, they do not plan on
appealing the legal matter to the Supreme Court.  This person, (Bob McIvor)
says that we may consider the legal wrangling over Loglan to be at an end.
He is, with the knowledge of JCB and his Board, going to work to establish
communications with LLG, and the Lojban community, to establish mediated
communications between the two organizations, and to, over a long term, seek]
to resolve differences.

The implication is that, to some extent, this is taking place with JCB's a
approval or at least acceptance.  I thus, at least for the moment, am
concluding that we've achieved not merely a cease fire, but an armistice that
will eventually lead to the end of the war between our two groups.

The legal situation is thus a major victory for LLG and Lojban, but more
importantly for the Loglan community as a whole.  But I don't plan to do
any gloating or boasting -- it is time now to put this wasteful ditraction
behind us and work to make the language succeed.

lojbab