PROPOSED NEW GISMU (BASELINE CHANGE): new metric prefixes

In 1990, the 19th General Conference on Weights and Measures adopted four
new metric prefixes, extending the range past the current 1E18 and 1E-18 to
two more thousands in each direction.  The new prefixes are:

	zetta-		1E21
	yotta-		1E24
	zepto-		1E-21
	yocto-		1E-24

I therefore propose corresponding gismu:

	zetra		1E21
	xotra		1E24
	zepto		1E-21
	xocto		1E-24

These words fit into extremely sparse regions of the gismu space: the only
other "ze-" gismu are zekri and zenba, and the only other "xo-" gismu is
xotli.  I doubt there is a killing need for rafsi for these, although if any
are not usable for anything else they could be assigned.

--
John Cowan	cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
			e'osai ko sarji la lojban.