Re: Final Gismu Place Structure Review -- Please Comment

>>25. taxfu:
>>
>>{taxfu} and {se dasni} are now extremely close.  I suggest removing the x2
>>of {taxfu} (the wearer), leaving:
>>
>>        x1 is a garment for purpose x2
>
>Just one note on all these, before I really pore over them.  I think what
>would be better for {taxfu} would be to replace the x2 with the body-part
>(or whatever) that it's worn on, rather than the wearer.  It's a very
>important quality of garments that they're worn on particular body-parts.
>This enables new or otherwise uncommon garments to be expressed simply,
>e.g. "knee pad" becomes "cidni taxfu".

I agree, the wearer is usually unimportant. However the purpose/function is
vital, as it is it appears to me that a bikini, a wedding dress and a suit
of armour (armor to USAns) are all subsumed under the same gismu.

Chris Handley                                     chandley@otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                       Ph     (+64) 3-479-8499
University of Otago                           Fax     (+64) 3-479-8577
Dunedin, NZ
              The light at the end of the tunnel has been
                    switched off to conserve power.