RE: TECH: Properties: what do they mean?

cu'u la djan.
> How are we to know that this "le ka"
> phrase does not refer to the property of being a set of conditions under
> which something unspecified becomes a wall?  Ellipsis in ka-sentences
> serves both to indicate the variables in the lambda abstraction, and also
> the normal zo'e places which are to be understood.  (The nit-picking objection
> that "le ka" covers a multitude of sins because "le" is not veridical
> breaks down when we consider the less familiar "lo ka", that which really
> is a property.

I don't think this is a problem in practice.
Ellipses normally default to the first unsatisfied place.
This isn't a rule of the language as such,
but appears to be a pretty good rule of thumb.
You can always make any given sumti place
occupy the first empty position using SE,
which pragmatically emphasises that
argument role as being the one of interest.

Nick's {kau} suggestion is interesting,
but I'm not convinced it's the right answer,
for reasons I can't completely explain.
I think it's partly that I don't agree that
{le du'u ... kau ...} is a (lambda (x) ...) situation.
{le du'u dakau broda} has more to do with the set
{x: broda(x)} than the function (lambda (x) (broda x)).

> Just what is the property by which four exceeds three?
> Number-greaterness (ka namcu zmadu)?  Hardly, as this circularly drags in
> "zmadu" again?  We gave up the separate cmavo for "<" and ">" as predicates,
> believing that "zmadu" and "mleca" would do the work.  But with what x3
> place?  If we are to reduce comparison of things (by some property) to
> comparison of numbers (ni-abstractions), by what property do we compare
> those numbers?

I'm not too excited about this either.
We can use a lujvo ({namterzma}?)
or a lehavla ({cmacrmaio}, or should
that be something like {cmacrmaiore}?),
or we can cobble together something like
{me la'e zo za'u}.
We could even define the longstop default ({lo'e te zmadu})
to be numeric (i.e. algebraic) comparison.
(Of course, a gismu would be _nice_.) :)

co'o mi'e .i,n.