{do'e}

While writing the BAI paper, I got to thinking about {do'e}, the indefinite
modal; it can be glossed as "of" or "as".  It was invented as a way of
explaining what sumti raising is all about, and it also represents the
place where excessive sumti go:  {klama faxixa mi} is defined as {klama
do'e mi}.

But as an actual cmavo, it hasn't seen use.  Furthermore, it seems
equivalent to {fi'o co'e}, which converts the indefinite selbri into a
modal.  I therefore propose dropping it.

Comments?

--
John Cowan      cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!lock60!snark!cowan
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban.