TECH: experimental cmavo "xo'e"

       What power!  To eradicate a place means to change a meaning
       accepted by a community.

   .ienai

   No more so than forming lujvo or, as I think somebody has already
   suggested, adding a place with BAI. Even forming tanru has this
   sort of creation.

This is an experimental issue: will people come to think of the place
structures of gismu as being hard and firm?  I think they might.  Only
wordsmiths and other eccentrics presume that words are protean.
Others expect and talk as if changes were glacial.

Another advantage of "xo'e" is that it _subtracts_ a place.  The other
types of change either _add_ a place (one interpretation of what BAI
does) or create a quite new word.   "xo'e" fills a gap.

   Thus
           zbasu fixo'e
   means
           x1 is made/built/assembled of/from x2, but I am denying the
   existence, or at least the relevance, of any maker.

More than this, "xo'e" means that you should even think about a maker
in this predication about the world.  The place does not exist.

(I can imagine future students ernestly debating what is mean by

    xo'e zbasu xo'e xo'e

which is more elegantly stated as

    xo'e xo'e xo'e zbasu

)

   ... I am still nervous of its propensity to encourage malglico...

Yes.  This is a risk, but as John Cowan says, it depends on how it is
taught.

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@gnu.ai.mit.edu
    Rattlesnake Mountain Road        (413) 298-4725
    Stockbridge, MA 01262-0693 USA