munje

My copy of the gismu list has the following:

munje    x1 is a universe of domain/sphere x2 governed by rules x3

I am not sure that I understand what goes into the "domain/sphere" and
"governed by rules" slots.

Is the domain slot so that one can say something like "the world of
cooking" or "the world of music"?  This seems a little a little idiomatic.
Or is "universe" here a technical term from Set Theory?

I suppose the third position would usually be filled with an elided zo'e,
but are there circumstances where a speaker would want to specify the
rules.  It seems like such a chore to have to understand the complete set
of physical laws which operate in our universe in order to fill the third
position.

Richard Schroeder
hedgehog@riscsm.scripps.edu

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of TSRI or its
funding agencies.