Re: TECH: pe'a/po'a proposal

The Seraphim surely rejoiced when Logical Language Group spoke thus:

}Notwiuthstanding this, I prefer that Lojban tanru and lujvo usually be
}regular where possible.  I do not therefore agree with Nick that balvi-speni
}is not a kind of speni (remember that Lojban predicates are timeless and
}potential, and hence a future speni is a speni all the same); if it is NOT
}to be seen as a kind of speni, the speaker SHOULD use spenybalvi and reverse
}the order.  I also see blari'o (bluish-green) as a distinct color from
}crinyblanu (greenish-blue), and within the realm of a restriction of green.
}I will hope that blanu joi crino gets lujv-ized into a separate word than
}the restrictive versions.  (I note that in English we DO make a distinction
}betwween bluish green and greenish blue - anyone with kids and Crayola crayons
}knows this %^).

Well, yet again I'm too strapped for time to provide examples *sigh*, but
I think noone will be surprised to hear that a whole lot of lujvo have
indeed been constructed the way I suggest, and that getting people to mark
their lujvo explicitly is a lost cause. I think blari'o is a case in point:
how many here would be disinclined to regard it as a 50-50 mix? I'm not.
And remember, bluish green is only one translation of blanu crino; blue-green
(ambiguous in itself, but not ruling out cyan) is another. There are abundant
cases in which the head of the Gismu Deep Structure turns out to be a
modifier in the actual lujvo {simdarxi}, for example, is not a darxi as much
as a simxu: A & By hit each other. A darxi By .ije By darxi A. A ce By simxu
lenu da darxi de .i A ce By simdarxi. I'm sure this happens not just with
place structure, but with semantics as well. Another case in point: the
location of {mintu} in a tanru. Due to NL influence we often put it first,
thus synonym: mitsmu. But properly, it is the head: smumi'u.

Anyway, I'm meandering. All I can say is that lujvo making is going to be
a nebulous, NL-influenced activity, and Lojbab's desire for non-restrictive
lujvo, or even lujvo with their tertanru in the right place, is as little
to be relied on as the dikyjvo he has repudiated.

---
'Dera me xhama t"e larm"e,            T  Nick Nicholas, CgS & CS, Melbourne Uni
 Dera mbas blerimit                   |  nsn@munagin.ee.mu.oz.au (IRC: nicxjo)
 Me xhama t"e larm"e!                 |  Milaw ki ellhnika/Esperanto parolata/
 Lumtunia nuk ka ngjyra tjera.'       |  mi ka'e tavla bau la lojban. je'uru'e
 - Martin Camaj, _Nj"e Shp'i e Vetme_ |                *d'oh!*