Re: more Eaton, anyone?

To Jorge LLambias respond I thus:
#la nitcion cpedu le pinka
.i go'i .i na spaji fe lenu do puba sabji led'iu pinka vauvauzo'o

#> #customhouse officer     (F) douanier    (G) Zo:llner, Zollbeamte
#> #                        (S) aduanaero
#> This is an import tax official: "import" cteki kurji. "import" is bartu gugde
#> krasi benji. "krasi" is OK for source, but I can see no corresponding word
 for
#> goal. I propose "fanmo": export would then be bartu gugde fanmo benji. A
# single
#> word for "douanier" would be bargu'ekrabe'itekykurji
#I think you need more glue to hold that monster together.

Actually, I think you don't --- and I think that's a big problem with the
morphology algorithm; we expect ourselves to supply that glue. I have
proposed making the glue requirements the same for all syllables, rather
than them being dispensed with after the second, but Lojbab was against it.

Would people be happy with {krasi} and {fanmo} for "to" and "from" in lujvo?
bargu'ekrabe'i. Hm...

#Of course, it would be nicer if {platu} was non-agentive.

It used to be...

#> #idealism                (S) idealismo
#> selkri stodi tarti
#That's more like credulous. Maybe
#pa'ercumkri (nu prane cumki krici)

pa'ercumkri is what a realist would call an idealist, at least... but my
one isn't at all credulous. belief constant behaver? credulous is frili krici

#> #sortie (military)       (F) sortie      (G) Ausfall     (S) salida
#> nu guntygunta
#Why not?

Well, because it's not that descriptive. bandygunta, perhaps.

#> #armpit                  (F) aisselle    (G) Achselho:hle        (S) axila
#> janco cnita
#or {janco nenri}

I don't think so. I think it'd be dangerous to conflate inside and underside
in Lojban. Doesn't nenri imply se sruri?

#> #candidacy               (S) candidatura
#> ka selcuxydji (weak, I know)
#{tercuxcmi} (te cuxna cnima) for candidate?

Yes, I like that. Very general term, but it would do in context...

#> #estuary                 (G) Fo:rde      (S) ria
#> rirxe fanmo (rirxe moklu has been used)
#{rirxe ganxo} seems more appropriate.

Ah yes, I'd conveniently forgotten that one...

#> #dreamer                 (F) re'veur     (G) Tra:umer    (S) son~ador
#> #        (likewise this one and lo senva)
#> senva tarti, then
#Then Lojban doesn't distinguish, like Esperanto (and French) between
#"revi" and "songxi"?

Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" has been consistently translated by
Lojbanists as {mi pacna}. In fact, anyone remember my translation of that
speech? I posted it here a while back.

#> #urgency                 (G) Eile        (S) urgencia
#> ka clira sarcu
#cabna sarcu

ka clira kei sarcu, it should be, and I'm not sure about cabna sarcu: it
leaves open too many interpretations.

===
Momenton senpretende paseman mi retenis kaj #  NICK NICHOLAS.  Melbourne Uni,
   kultis kvazaux                           &  Australia. Now with moustache.
      senhorlogxan elizeon                  #     nsn@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au
         (Dume:                             &    >nsn@krang.vis.mu.oz.au<
[Victor Sadler, _Memkritiko_ 90]            #     nsn@mundil.cs.mu.oz.au