Re: Exporting numerical abstractors to the prenex

la veion. cusku di'e

> Just to show that it is possible to cope with the interpretation
> of external quantifiers as a kind of numerical abstractors.
>
>         mi nitcu re tanxe
>
> can be transformed to
>
>         ny pe li re zo'u mi nitcu vei ny tanxe
>         For n = 2: I need n boxes.

This is an interesting idea, but without making a judgment on the merits,
I would like to propose a different member of GOI to use here, namely "goi".

	ny. goi li re zo'u mi nitcu vei ny. tanxe
	N is-defined-to-be the-number 2 : I need ( N ) boxes.

(Note for those who don't realize: we need the explicit open paren cmavo
"vei" here because "ny." by itself is a sumti, not a quantifier.)

Unless there is adverse comment, I will add this use of "goi" to the MEX
paper.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.