Re: Questions

coi dilyn

> coi xorxes .i ki'e danfu

{ki'e danfu} means "thank you Answer", i.e. you are using {danfu} as a
name.  Probably you meant {i ckire fi tu'a le danfu}

> > I think it would be mopre clear to say: {li'i se nandu joi steba}.
>
> But both would be correct, right?  None of the sumti places of {nandu
> joi se steba} are filled anyway.

That's part of the discussion with pc.  There isn't yet any official way
of indicating which is the place that corresponds to the experiencer.
The way I suggest is to use {ke'a} for this, because the function is
very similar to the function {ke'a} has in relative clauses.  So {le
li'i ke'a se nandu joi steba} would be the experience of having
difficulties/frustrations, while {le li'i se nandu joi steba ke'a} would
be the experience of being difficult/frustrating.

In general, we have assumed that when it is not indicated the place in
question is the first free one, but this is not certain yet (at least
not to me).

> Could you also say something like {lei caba nandu}?

{caba} is practically the same as {ba} alone, because the tenses are
accumulative, so both only say "at some time in the future".

> What's the proper
> tense indicator for "present, and continuing", without implying any
> termination?

I would say {caca'o}, to me {ca'o} doesn't imply termination, but others
will disagree (my views on ZAhOs are a bit unorthodox).

You can also connect tenses logically {ca je ba} now and in the future,
but I don't think this works very well, it would mean "a difficulty that
happens now and that will happen in the future".

> But I would appreciate some grading of the texts, for ease of reading,
> etc.  (Or at least a date, to get an idea of the development of style.)

I might try to do some classification of the texts that have appeared on
the list, but it will take a while.  In any case, practically none of
them are error-free.

> I was asking if it's permissible to use {botpi tanxu} for the fourth
> meaning, or if {se botpi tanxu} is necessary (by the principle that
> "the first place of {botpi} in some way restricts the relation".

The meanings of tanru are very loose.  The only clear rule is that the
places are those of the last component.  I would think that the {se} or
{te} are necessary for clarity, but you probably can't totally exclude
those meanings without them.

> > > .i fe'omi'e dilyn. trsTON.
> > That's why a pause is needed after {mi'e}, which if you write the dots
> > should be written {mi'e.}
>
> Oh!  I didn't realize pauses could occur between a vowel and a
> consonant.

They _can_ occur between any two words.

They are required after a vocative (other than doi) followed by a
consonant ending name.  (Also, I think they are needed with the words
used with {zoi} and {la'o}.)

> I intended the 'r' to be vocalic.  Surely it could be stressed?  (An
> example from the textbook: {CR,lok. xolmz.}) Do I need a comma?  (See
> below.)

A vocalic consonant can be stressed, but in that case it has to be
capitalized.  It doesn't count in the syllable count for the regular
stress.  (That's why CR is capitalized in the example.)

> mi rapygau lenu mi ckire

mi gleki le nu sidju

> fe'omi'e. dilyn. TRS,ton.
> (Doubtless I could omit the capitalization with the revised stress.)

Without capitalization, the stress falls on the "o", I think.

co'o mi'e xorxes