Proposal: C-Glide-V

la .and. cusku di'e
 > A proposal:
 >
 > Lojban allows the following syllables (cmavo in UI):
 >
 > .ua .ue .ui .uo .uu  [?wa ?we ?wi ?wo ?wu]
 > .ia .ie .ii .io .iu  [?ja ?je ?ji ?jo ?ju]
 >
 > I would like to propose that the following syllables be
 > made available as cmavo:
 >
 > bua  bue  bui  buo (buu)  [bwa  bwe  bwi  bwo (bwu)]

I'll support this, if only because it will force And to stick in
apostrophes (or at least 'h's) when writing cmavo.  :-)

(Seriously, no position.)

--Dylan

Message  3:
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 11:06:01 -0400
From: "Dylan P. Thurston" <dpt@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>
To: Logical Language Group <lojbab@access.digex.net>
Subject: Dylan on ri - late response

mi cusku di'e
 > >Actually, I'd recommend changing the behaviour of {ri}.  From the
 > >history I know, it seems like the current behaviour was necessary when
 > >it was the only form of pronoun; but now {ko'a}, {ra}, etc.  (not to
 > >mention lerfu) cover pronouns quite sufficiently.  Specifically, the
 > >antecedent of {ri} should be the sumti whose termination is closest on
 > >the left.

la lojbab. cusku di'e
 > But wait - what means termination closest?  Do you count elided
 > terminators or not?

Yes.  Isn't this the current behaviour (modulo KOhAs)?  "Last complete
sumti" implies that to me.  If not, someone should clarify.

What does
        le la alis. tamne cu prami ri
mean?

 > lojbab