Re: [forwarded message]

 > la stivn. belnap. cusku di'e
 > > No ones skin is Platonic ideal blue, but is blue to a degree. Its seems
 > > artificial to specify that something is 89% blue. A fuzzy means of
 > > describing the degree of blueness would be most interesting. Has anyone
 > > thought about this?

la djan. cusku di'e
 > That is supposed to be "le jei le skapi be ko'a cu blanu", the
 degree-of-truth
 > of someone's skin being blue.

I would just use {le ka blanu} where appropriate.

 > As far as "ni" goes, I'm as much at sea as
 > anyone.

Does anyone understand {ni}?  Is it necessary?  It seems like it would
be appropriate in "Mary is more of a lover than John", but no-one seems
to have a problem with ka:

        la meris. zmadu la djan. le ka prami

Does {ni} ever have a use not covered by either {jei} or {ka}?

(With Jorge's uses of {kau}, you could even specify the point of
comparison precisely, as long as {xokau} appears exactly once following
the {ka}.)

mu'o mi'e. dilyn. turstan.