Re: MacLojFlash 1.7 problem

Steven M. Belknap writes:
>I've been playing around with MacLojflash 1.7. It seems to work with the
>gismu.demo file, but not with other files.

I'm looking into this.

>Also, I wonder if anyone has set up gismu lists of conceptually related
>gismu such as colors, "movement" words, foods, etc.

If someone adds a classification field to the flashcard file, I might
extend my program to recognise it and allow the user to select a subset of
words.  The sixth and seventh fields of the current version of gismu.lis
(ignored by MacLojFlash) looks like some sort of classification, but I
don't remember what they mean.

There's also the eighth field, that contains further explanation of the
definition and cross-references, like this:

[also sequel, succeed, successor, follow, come(s) after; time ordering only
(use lidne otherwise); aorist in that x1 may overlap in time with x2 as
long as it extends afterwards; non-aorist future (= cfabalvi); (default x2
is the space time reference, whereupon:) x1 will occur]; (cf. lidne, cabna,
purci, farna)

Would it be useful for MacLojFlash to display this information as well?  My
feeling is that that is more a job for a hypertext dictionary program.  I
doubt if such a thing is currently available from the LLG, but perhaps
there is database or hypertext software somewhere with which an on-line
dictionary could be constructed?

___
\X/ Richard Kennaway, jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk, http://www.sys.uea.ac.uk/~jrk/
    School of Information Systems, Univ. of East Anglia, Norwich