Re: conflicts in grammar.235

>Date:         Wed, 25 Oct 1995 09:13:00 LCL
>From: Paulo Barreto <BARRETO%VELAHF%ECCSA.TR.UNISYS.COM@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU>

>I checked grammar.235 with yacc and three shift-reduce errors were
>reported. No errors for grammar.28. I didn't check John's recent
>change proposal, but I don't think it addresses this problem.

>Is it a known problem? Could someone check it with his/hers local
>yacc version/clone? Mine tells the following (-V option):

I don't know that shift/reduce conflicts qualify as a "problem."  They're
an ambiguity in the grammar, but yacc (and presumably lojban) generates an
unambiguous parse in these cases by resolving in favor of shifting instead
of reducing (I think).  So I don't know if this is something that needs to
be "fixed," more just understood.

Or am I missing something?

~mark