Re: ckafybarja

> Date:         Fri, 27 Oct 1995 03:49:21 MET
> From:         Goran Topic <topic@STUDENT.MATH.HR>
> Subject:      ckafybarja
>
> I just revisited the ftp archive after a longish time... and saw the
> file named cafe_papers.txt. Actually, that was the first thing I saw
> about ckafybarja project, like, what it is... All I read before was
> ckafybarja 1 & 2 by Nick. The papers said there were five stories
> written. Are they available?

  In addition to the two stories by Nick, there were three by me, two
  by Iain Alexander and one by Mark Shoulson. There were also some
  character descriptions in English. All these appeared in ju'i lobybli
  in 1993. I have linked copies of my stories to my personal home page
  ( http://xiron.pc.helsinki.fi/people/vilva/vilva.html ) which is about
  ready to be made public. I have also got copies of the other ckafybarja
  stories tucked away somewhere.

> Is the project still running? What about the fully lojbanic Cafe
> newsletter?

  Well, both Nick and I got busy with other matters so the project has
  been kind of dormant. Also there wasn't much response from the off-
  netters with whom we had some controversy. I didn't want to hurt
  anybodies feelings so I waited and waited and...

> Why is la jbolaz. ungrammatical?

  cmene musn't contain 'la'. 'la jbolanzu', on the other hand, is legal.

> Do you still want texts? Why is there no word on the cafe project
> any more? Did I overwhelm you with questions? zo'o

  Texts are ALWAYS welcome. See above. I'll try to reactivate myself
  after I've fulfilled a silly requirement of acquiring a certificate
  of my ability to use English in unmoronic ways. Nope.

> co'o mi'e. goran.

  co'o mi'e veion

.i mi du la'o sy. Veijo Vilva sy.