Re: Phonology Paper Released

la xorxes. cusku di'e
> Why does Lojban make [B] a variant of "v" rather than of "b"?
> Is this rule inherited from Loglan? I definitely don't like it.

I read somewhere that the russian cluster "KB" as in "MOCKBA" (sorry,
no cyrillic fonts :-) sounds [kB]. Perhaps JCB (or someone else) was
aware of this. (Perhaps also la kir. or someone else could tell us
if that cluster does indeed sound this way.)

['SoTo 'miTE 'pawlos?] (just kidding...)

    Paulo S. L. M. Barreto  --  Software Analyst  --  Unisys Brazil
    Standard disclaimer applies ("I do not speak for Unisys", etc.)
                       e'osai ko sarji la lojban.