ZAhO and tanru

And:
>[Lojbab:
>> Fine, use brivla.  Tenses apply to whole bridi.
>
>This is a pretty ugly solution:  {citno bao kei bao ralju}, or {citno me
>kei bao ralju}, or {citno zio kei bao ralju} - they're all ugly.
>Semantically, ZAhO works quasitanruishly, like NAhE, so I think it
>oughtn't to apply to whole bridi.]

I oughta let pc speak on this.

The underlying concept in Lojban is that all tenses are in a sense an
abbreviation for a second subordinate bridi that restricts the main
bridi to a particular range of space/time, after the manner of BAI and
fi'o + bridi.

Thus, modifying your expression:  da ba'o citno turnyjatna nunturni
x is in the aftermath of the young president governing

could transform into something like
da citno turnyjatna nunturni
x is a young president governing
.i le cabna cu bavlamji lenu go'i
The space-time reference is immediately after the previosu event.

I thus might to "young ex-president" as
lo citno ke prulamji turnyjatna
The young immediately-preceding president.

assuming per your example that you are referring to a just-out-of-office
person, which is not implicit in the original English (for which purci
would be fine).

ZAhO SHOULD NOT work quasi-tanruishly - they should work tensishly.  Use
the tense-based gismu (and lujvo for ZAhOs - there might be some
validity to an argument that they should be assigned gismu as well)

lojbab