Re: VRC: lojban zasni

Translation follows.

> >Specifically, what about
> >the majority of the community that is not on Lojban List?
>
> I am unaware of any North Koreans, Cubans, or New Zealand Maoris who are
> interested in lojban. All these people are living in places where computers
> are easily available. Encourage these folks to get an america online or
> compuserve account or make some other slipshod arrangement. If they are
> genuinely interested in lojban, perhaps they will get online. Maybe they do
> not understand how easy it is to participate in online discussion groups.

.i lei traji ckule pe le mi gugde pu *te'i lo nanca beliji'ivo cu co'a
pagbu la samgirz. .i lei zmadu ckule pu *te'i lo nanca beliji'ire cu
go'i .i loi fadni prenu pu *te'i lo nanca cu go'i .i lo te samlasna cu
so'omei gi'e so'iroi ca'a te lasna .i lo *xrogu'e skami cu se jorne fi
lo nando'ogu'e pada noi dusmasno xelbenji .i da pela .uod,uaid,ueb. cu
malmasno se benji .i lo temci cu malmrogau .i mi cunfacki fi lo
bangrtlingana pu *te'i lo nanca be lire .a lici .i la nitcion. tavla loi
se bangrtlingana da pe la lojban. .iri'abo mi djuno fi ri .i mi co'a se
cinri .isemu'ibo mrilu fi la lojbab. gi'ebajeri'abo co'a lojbo se mriste
.i ro lo *xrogu'e djuno befi la lojban. cu te ciksi leka la lojban.
mokau kei ba'e mi .i lo cnano ctuca cu djuno noda fi la .unix. no'u la'o
gy. to .iuniks. .gy. ge'u toi .eli'a lo xe cilre da fo la samgirz. .i
lo'e skami cu kargu lo na'opre to .i lo skami cu se jdima mu lo cnano ke
masti se jerna toi .i xupau frili .i .ienaisai .i di'o le do gugde lenu
do banzu jibgunka cu nibli lenu do ricfu banzu .i lo so'imei cu zanfu'a
mleca .i le gegde be mi prenu cu na'e ricfu segi'u cfuzma so'ida .i mi
pu'i so'oroi sampenmi lo *xropre lo munje casnu bo ciste .i ku'i mi nu'o
go'i lo bergu'e zei koreas. prenu poi na xabju lo mergu'e

(Major faculties of the major universities of my country gained Net
access ji'i four years ago. Other faculties two years ago. General
public a year ago. Modem connections are very few and continually busy.
We have only one connection to the outside world: a 32 ju'ocu'i Kbit
link from Croatia to the Austria. Web access is excruciatingly slow.
Lag is murderous. I found Klingon two or three years ago by accident
(I found a list of academic mailing lists somewhere, and got interested
in Klingon and Tolkien languages, since I knew what they were and
various languages were my hobby). The first I learned about lojban
was when Nick wrote something about it on the Klingon list. I got
interested, mailed lojbab (as Nick gave me his address), and lojbab
told me to join the lojban list. Everybody in Croatia who has heard
about lojban at all has heard about it from me. Average univ professor
doesn't know what UNIX is, let alone how to browse the Net resources.
Computer equipment is fairly expensive (a 486-based system costs five
times the average monthly wage, if the person lives on the streets with
diet consisting from air and rain in the meantime). Easy? Phew! You live
in a country where, if you work, you can get money enough for a decent
living. Some folks are not that lucky. I know our country is not very
well off, but I think that compared to some other countries we are rich
indeed. I see Croats on the international Net fora; I have yet to
encounter a North-Korean (a non-americanised one, I mean).)

-----
*) These forms are my slang. *xorvo/xro you saw recently explained.
   *te'i is a proposal countered my xorxes' vi/va/vu that never got
   decided upon, either positively or negatively, so until I am
   forbidden to use it I will do so. For those that do not know, it is a
   distance marker, so {pu *te'i lo nanca belivo} means "four years
   ago". The only way to say it using the current grammar is {lo nanca
   belivo cu temci lenu broda kei ti}

co'o mi'e. goran.

--