LIN: Chinese Whispers

This one is a bit longer than the previous ones, and could prove to be a
little more difficult. So, I will require only English/lojban/English
translations, so that if someone couldn't manage to translate this, the
translation chain would not be broken. So, if you can't translate this,
just pass it on unchanged. It's OK.

I don't know where xorxes or nitcion will be on their turn, but I include
them anyway... If they are here then, they'll play.

Here are the rules and the list:

| le poi selcme lu cuplinfanva cuntu li'u ku'o selkei
|
| The following description is the game that I will call 'Chinese Whispers'.
| This will distinguish it from 'Broken Phone' which works on the same
| principle but is multilingual.  This game does not allow intermediate
| languages that are not English.
|
| The initiator of the game selects a passage in English and the list of
| players.  The initiator translates the passage into
| lojban and sends it, along with the list of players, to the
| person next on the list.  All subsequent players translate the passage into
| the other language (English or lojban) and pass it along to the next player.
 When the
| last player completes their translation we compare the outcome with the
| original.
|
| When one receives the text: translate the passage, send to the next person on
| the list, cc it to the initiator.  The initiator will give a summary at the
| end.
|
| 1.  Goran          topic@STUDENT.MATH.HR
| 2.  Cyril          slobin@FEAST.FE.MSK.RU
| 3.  Ivan           IAD@BGEARN.BITNET
| 4.  Chris          cbogart@netcom.com
| 5.  Iain           I.Alexander@bra0125.wins.icl.co.uk
| 6.  And            ucleaar@ucl.ac.uk
| 7.  Paulo          pbarreto@unisys.com.br
| 8.  Dylan          dpt@MATH.BERKELEY.EDU
| 9.  Don            dwiggins@bfsec.bt.co.uk
| 10. Jorge          jorge@PHYAST.PITT.EDU
| 11. Nick           nsn@speech.language.unimelb.edu.au
|                         (or nnich@leon.ncrps.ariadne-t.gr)
|
| If there is anyone who is interested in joining the chain, just send Don your
| details (name; email address; native, fluent and other languages) and he will
| re-post this information to the list at regular intervals.
|
| .i co'o

co'o mi'e. goran.

--