Re: TECH QUERY: variant fu'ivla

John Cowan said:

    ... in type 3 fu'ivla (those made with gismu-based
    prefixes): either a four-letter rafsi or a CCV rafsi can be used as the
    prefix (CVC and CVV rafsi aren't safe):  "ricrxacere" and "tricrxacere"
    are both possibilities for "maple" (genus >Acer<).  So far, the Lojban
    community hasn't taken a position on whether or not these are to be
    taken as equivalent.

    I favor declaring them equivalent: while this limits the theoretical
    size of fu'ivla space, it makes for simplicity:  you need not remember
    whether "cipnrdodo" or "cpirdodo" is the official word for "dodo".

    Comments?

I agree; these should be equivalent, just like lujvo.

    Robert J. Chassell               bob@gnu.ai.mit.edu
    25 Rattlesnake Mountain Road     bob@rattlesnake.com
    Stockbridge, MA 01262-0693 USA   (413) 298-4725