*old response to Cyril on "hearsay"

Cyril asked last month:
>Does it exist any selbri for "hear (hearsay)"?  I mean something like
>{jinvi} in place structure - "x1 has heard x2 (du'e) about x3 from
>hearsay".  Evidential {ti'e} does the job, but I look for selbri.  I
>haven't found it in gismu list.  Maybe I have lost somthing?

For most uses, I suspect tersku would do the job.  But you could coin
some other lujvo with place structure more closely tailored to your
goal.  No there is no gismu for "hearsay".  But when the gismu list was
designed, we did not envision anything like the dikyjvo movement
constraining the choice of any reasonable metaphor in making a new
tanru/lujvo for such a concept.

lojbab