*old response to Bob C. on e'a

Chasell wrote:
>{e'a} means that feeling permission, I can make the potential world
>expressed in the predicate a reality.  For example, {e'a mi cadzu} means
>that `feeling permission, I walk'.
>
>{e'anai} means that feeling prohibition, I can make the potential world
>a reality.
>
>    .e'anai mi sutra klama sazri lo karce
>
>    Feeling prohibited, I quickly-type-of going-type-of operate a car.
>
>    Knowing that I am speeding, I drive fast.

Interesting analysis, but the interpretation of the others is what was
intended.  I would use the attitudinal for "challenge" (e'inai) to
express this emotion.  Your analysis would also fail for .e'o and
.e'u - I am not feeling suggested to or requested when expressing these.

You seem to realize this when you discuss an .e'o based approach:
>The sign writer can be polite:
>
>    e'o ko na stapa loi sasfoi
>
>    [I, the sign writer, feel the emotion of requesting you]
>    [Imperative] make it false that you walk on the grass.

.e'a thus should be understood as "grants permission".

Changed in the cmavo list to make this clear.

lojbab